1.0mm (.039") Female Headers
Whenever there is a need for fitting small-sized connectors in compact devices, the 1.0mm pitch female header, or sometimes referred to as header connector, is ideally suited for this application. Not only does this female header space-savvy, but it is also designed for vacuum pick and place that makes it suitable for high volume automated manufacturing.
Scondar offers these low profile, easy-install, SMT or THM miniature female connector plugs at high quality and affordable China-quoted price, for board-to-board connection, snuggly fitting the pins of a male header and acting as a receptacle.
Assembly and service is simple with either vertical (straight), elevated or at a right angle configuration/orientation, which can dissipate current of about 1.0 A or less in a tape and reel packaging. The filleted corners can also remove shadowing allowing optimization of LED output.
Also, the 1.0mm pitch female headers are made to work in Arduino boards, Arduino Pro and Arduino Mega with either single or double-row female headers, facilitating connections for programming and incorporation into other circuits. They have the perfect height for clearing the USB-B connector and great for stacking multiple shields.
Female header always called as “Header connector”, Scondar provide widely range of header connector, from 2.54mm (.100″ inch) pitch to 1.0mm (.039″ inch) pitch. The number of pins (contacts) is from 2 to 40 pins per orw. There are three type: Straight (Dip Vertical), Right angle, SMT (surface mount).
If you can not find the items you interest from above items, welcome to contact us, and you will always get fully responsive from us.
Applications of 1.0mm Pitch Female Headers
Its small size is most suitable for PCB connections of small equipment and devices such as:
- Arduino Boards
- Architectural and sign lighting
- Retail and display lighting
- Fluorescent LED retrofit lighting
- Cabinet or furniture lighting
- Commercial / residential cove lighting
- WiFi equipment
- Gaming consoles,
- Measurement instruments
- Medical Diagnostic and Monitoring equipment
- Communications: Telecoms and Datacoms
- Industrial and Automotive Control and Test
Mount Type: Through-hole vs Surface Mount
At one side of this female header is a series of pins which can either be mounted and soldered directly onto the surface of the PCB (SMT) or placed into drilled holes on the PCB (THM).
- Best used for high-reliability products that require stronger connections between layers.
- Aerospace and military products are most likely to require this type of mounting as these products experience extreme accelerations, collisions, or high temperatures.
- Useful in test and prototyping applications that sometimes require manual adjustments and replacements.
- 1.0mm vertical single row female header, 1.0mm vertical dual row female header, 1.0mm Elevated single row female header, 1.0mm Elevated dual row female Header, 1.0mm right-angle single row female header and 1.0mm right-angle dual row female header are some examples of Scondar products with through-hole mount type.
- The most common electronic hardware requirements are SMT.
- Essential in PCB design and manufacturing, having improved the quality and performance of PCBs overall.
- Cost of processing and handling is reduced.
- SMT components can be mounted on both side of the board.
- Ability to fit a high number of small components on a PCB has allowed for much denser, higher performing, and smaller PCBs.
- 1.0mm Right-angle Dual Row female header, 1.0mm SMT Single row female header, 1.0mm SMT Dual row female header and 1.0mm Elevated Dual Row female Header are Scondar’s SMT female headers.
Soldering Temperature for 1.0mm Pitch Female Headers
Soldering SMT female connectors can be done at a maximum peak temperature of 260°C for maximum 60 seconds.
Orientation/Pin-Type: Vertical (Straight) and Right-Angle
1.0mm pitch female headers may be further classified into pin orientation as well, such as vertical or straight male header or right-angle female header.
Vertical or Straight Female Header Orientation
- One side of the series of pins is connected to PCB board in which the pins can be at a right-angle to the PCB surface (usually called "straight" or “vertical”) or.
Right-Angle Female Header Orientation
- Parallel to the board's surface (referred to as "right-angle" pins).
Each of these pin-types have different applications that fit with their specific configuration.
PCB Connector Stacking
Profile Above PCB
- This type of configuration is the most common way of connecting board-to-board by a connector. First, the stacking height is calculated from one board to another and measured from the printed circuit board face to its highest insulator point above the PCB.
Elevated Sockets/Female Headers
- Elevated Sockets aka Stacked sockets/receptacles or Mezzanine are simply stacked female headers providing an exact distance requirement between PCBs that optimizes electrical reliability and performance between PCB boards.
- Choosing this type of stacking configuration promotes the following benefits:
- Connector Isolation - the contacts are shrouded preventing cable connection mishaps and good guidance for the mating header connectors.
- For off-the-shelf wireless PCB module, stacking height is optimized with elevated sockets.
- Offers superior strength and rigidity.
- Polarisation prevents users from inverted insertion.
Single, Dual or Multiple Number of Rows
For a 1.0mm straight or vertical female header, the standard number of rows that Scondar offers ranges from 1 to 2 rows. However, customization can be available if 3 ,4 or n number of rows is needed by the customer. Also, the number of contacts for the single row is about 2-40 pins while for dual row, the number contacts may vary from 2-80 pins.
The pins of the connector attached to the board have been designed with copper alloy. With customer’s demand the pins can be made gold plated.
Custom 1.0mm Pitch Female Headers
Customizable 1.0 mm pitch female headers are also available, making your manufacturing process way faster as the pins are already inserted in the headers, insulator height is made at the right size and the accurate pin length you require is followed.
Parts are made using semi-automated manufacturing processes that ensure both precision and delicacy in handling the headers before packaging on tape and reel.
Tape and Reel Packaging for SMT Components
Scondar's SMT headers are offered with customizable mating pin lengths, in which each series has multiple number of of circuits, summing up to a thousand individual part number combinations per connector series.
The tape and reel carrier strip ensures that the headers are packaged within accurately sized cavities for its height, width and depth, securing the headers from the environment and maintaining consistent position during transportation.
Scondar also offer a range of custom Tape and reel carrier strip packaging cavities.