2.54mm (0.1”) Pitch Female Headers
The most commonly seen female headers are 2.54mm (0.1”) single or double row female/socket headers. These female headers together with its male counterpart are used in connecting Arduino boards and shields together. 2.54mm pitch female sockets/headers are low-profile connectors designed for signal and low power PC board connections when space is at a premium. They have the perfect height for clearing the USB-B connector and great for stacking multiple shields.
Since 2.54mm pitch female header is commonly used in a lot of applications, Scondar offers numerous options for this type of female header. Orientation can either be SMT or THM, single, dual or triple row. Scondar offers 2.54mm pitch female headers in either vertical or right-angle orientation. The pins and blades are also available in various sizes, counts, amperages, and plating.
The 2.54mm can accommodate a maximum current of 3A, with a 30 to 22 AWG wire size, and up to 40-positions. Scondar offers these female headers in high quality and affordable China-quoted price that snuggly fits with the pins of a male header and acts as a receptacle.
Female header always called as “Header connector”, Scondar provide widely range of header connector, from 2.54mm (.100″ inch) pitch to 1.0mm (.039″ inch) pitch. The number of pins (contacts) is from 2 to 40 pins per row. There are three type: Straight (Dip Vertical), Right angle, SMT (surface mount).
If you can not find the items you interest from above items, welcome to contact us, and you will always get fully responsive from us.
Applications of 2.54mm Pitch Female Headers
- LED applications
- Arduino boards
- Arduino Pro
- Arduino Mega
- Solar applications
- Weighing systems
- Air conditioner
- Microwave oven
- Washing machine
- Water heater
- Shower toilet
Automotive, Heavy Duty Military and Marine
For densely packed equipment requiring weight reduction and downsizing and for tough and harsh conditions.
- Vehicle infotainment
- Computer peripherals
Battery connections rely on the ability of the current to pass reliable and solid current. This prevents overheating in the circuit and voltage drop.
- Rechargeable battery packs
- Battery balancers
- Battery eliminator circuits
Medical Diagnostic and Monitoring equipment
- Heart monitors
Mount Type: Through-hole vs Surface Mount
At one side of this female header is a series of pins which can either be mounted and soldered directly onto the surface of the PCB (SMT) or placed into drilled holes on the PCB (THM).
- Best used for high-reliability products that require stronger connections between layers.
- Aerospace and military products are most likely to require this type of mounting as these products experience extreme accelerations, collisions, or high temperatures.
- Useful in test and prototyping applications that sometimes require manual adjustments and replacements.
- 2.54mm, 1-row vertical female header, 2.54mm, 2-row vertical female header, 2.54mm, 3-row vertical female header, 2.54mm, 1-row right-angle female header and 2.54mm, 2-row right-angle female header, 2.54mm U-
- Shaped Female header, 2.54mm U-Shaped Dual Row Female header are examples of Scondar products with through-hole mount type.
- The most common electronic hardware requirements are SMT.
- Essential in PCB design and manufacturing, having improved the quality and performance of PCBs overall.
- Cost of processing and handling is reduced.
- SMT components can be mounted on both side of the board.
- Ability to fit a high number of small components on a PCB has allowed for much denser, higher performing, and smaller PCBs.
- 2.54mm, 2-row right-angle female header and 2.54mm, 1-row right-angle female header are Scondar’s featured SMT female headers.
Orientation/Pin-Type: Vertical (Straight), Right-Angle and U-Shaped
2.54mm pitch female headers may be further classified into pin orientation as well, such as vertical or straight female header, right-angle female header or U-shaped female header.
Vertical or Straight Female Header Orientation
- One side of the series of pins is connected to PCB board in which the pins can be at a right-angle to the PCB surface (usually called "straight" or “vertical”) or..
Right-Angle Female Header Orientation
- Parallel to the board's surface (referred to as "right-angle" pins).
U-Shaped Female Header Orientation
- U-shaped orientation is characterized by the shape of the pins at one side of the header, forming a letter “U”. It is often chosen for applications where repeat mating cycles are not required as it can also be used and soldered directly to both PCB's.
Each of these pin-types have different applications that fit with their specific configuration.
Single, Dual or Multiple Number of Rows
For a 2.54mm straight or vertical female header, the standard number of rows that Scondar offers ranges from 1 to 2 rows. However, customization can be available if 3, 4 or n number of rows is needed by the customer. Also, the number of contacts for the single row is about 2-40 pins while for dual row, the number contacts may vary from 2-80 pins.
The pins of the connector attached to the board have been designed with copper alloy. With customer’s demand the pins can be made gold plated.
Custom 2.54mm Pitch Female Headers
Customizable 2.54 mm pitch female headers are also available, making your manufacturing process way faster as the pins are already inserted in the headers, insulator height is made at the right size and the accurate pin length you require is followed.
Parts are made using semi-automated manufacturing processes that ensure both precision and delicacy in handling the headers before packaging on tape and reel.
Tape and Reel Packaging for SMT Components
Scondar's SMT headers are offered with customizable mating pin lengths, in which each series has multiple number of of circuits, summing up to a thousand individual part number combinations per connector series.
The tape and reel carrier strip ensures that the headers are packaged within accurately sized cavities for its height, width and depth, securing the headers from the environment and maintaining consistent position during transportation.
Scondar also offer a range of custom Tape and reel carrier strip packaging cavities.